There is a fine art to packing and to know how to fit in all the essentials while saving space for the treasures you pick up on the way.
Here are some top tips:
- It doesn’t matter which way you pack your clothes, as long as there is a little space left in your case and it’s not packed too tightly. Try and squeeze socks and underwear inside shoes or around bulkier items
- Use plastic sealable bags instead of toiletry bags to save space. Remember that most hotels provide soap and shampoo so don’t waste precious packing space with massive bottles
- Wear your heaviest clothes on the plane. This will save space and width in your bags – especially heavy shoes
- Mix and match clothing to pack less
- Pack largest and bulkiest items first and fill in any empty space around them before layering clothes on top – press down as you go to remove the air
- Don’t bring too much clothes – you can always wash your clothes during your trip or buy more