- Can save you time and money
- Your Travel Agent has access to systems that incorporates most airlines and can give you the best available options in a shorter period of time
- Your unused tickets can be managed and where possible be used again for future travel
- Searching for the right options online takes time and time is money
- Provide invaluable service
- They will provide you with visa information, health requirements, make sure you have sufficient connecting time and provide you with a complete service offering.
- They have insider-info into the industry
- Through regular training, workshops and direct exposure to the suppliers, your Travel Agent has firsthand information to better understand and know what should be best for the Traveller
- Personal or Professional experiences can provide valuable insight into the destination you are visiting
- No amount of web-surfing can make up for years of experience and know-how – travel is what the Travel Agent do and specializes in.
- Exclusive deals with Airlines and Tour Operators ensure that you get the right travel solution at the best possible prices and benefits to you.
- Both Online booking engines and Travel Agents charge service fees
- Your Travel Agent will have access to product options and packages not available on the internet
- When problems arise, it is much easier to deal with your local Travel Agent than dealing with the customer care department of a booking-engine or online system
- Your Travel Agent can tailor-make a package to suit your requirements and your budget
- Provides a 1stop shop and all your travel can be consolidated into one account
- Management reports can be customized to the customer’s needs to assist in financial reporting and planning.
HOW TO SELECT A TRAVEL AGENT / TRAVEL MANAGEMENT COMPANY
- Make sure that the agency is registered with the Association of South African Travel Agents (ASATA). ASATA agents needs to abide by a strict Code of Conduct and has to submit their Financial Statements to the Association on a yearly basis for review. This will prevent you dealing with a “fly by night” Company letting you down at the last minute.
- Make sure that the agency has a good reputation and is reliable – ask for recommendations.
- Make sure that they can handle all aspects of your travel arrangements – flights, tours, cruising, car rental, accommodation, transfers, travel insurances, forex and many more.
- Do they have an emergency contact number and will they be available while you are away on your business trip or holiday?
- Do they have good relationships with their Travel Operators?
- Do they have the right technology to be able to deliver a professional service?
- Are they committed to service excellence?
XL BOLAND TRAVEL IS A MEMBER OF THE XL TRAVEL GROUP – A LEADING TRAVEL CONSORTIUM WITH A MEMBERSHIP BASE OF 120 PROMINENT TRAVEL AGENCIES SPREAD ACROSS SOUTH AFRICA. THE SIZE AND INFLUENCE OF THE GROUP PLAYS A VERY IMPORTANT ROLE WITHIN THE TRAVEL AND TOURISM INDUSTRY HAVING THE ABILITY TO MAXIMISE PROCUREMENT BENEFITS WITH MAJOR SUPPLIERS WITHIN THE AIRLINE, HOTEL, CAR RENTAL,INBOUND AND TOUR OPERATING INDUSTRIES. WE ARE THEREFORE ABLE TO EXTEND A WIDE RANGE OF COST SAVING BENEFITS TO OUR CLIENTELE. THE FACT THAT WE ARE OWNER DRIVEN AND MANAGED FURTHER ENSURES THE BEST LEVEL OF SERVICE TO BOTH OUR LEISURE AND CORPORATE CLIENTS.
XL BOLAND TRAVEL IS ALSO A PROUD MEMBER OF ASATA